geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <davidjen...@snappydsl.net>
Subject Re: JNDI Impl
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 13:17:13 GMT
Based on my experience implementing distributed transactions in jboss
4, I'm in favor of

--all communications between vms going over a (securable) remoting
layer with pluggable transports.  In JBoss 4 this was an abstraction of
jmx remoting, which seemed to work well to me.

--services (such as jndi) running on the local vm and requesting info
as needed from remote vms.

It wasn't too hard to pull back appropriate chunks of server
functionality so the client container was invisible to the client
program.

david jencks