geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject [JavaMail] APIs around the corner ...
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:37:35 GMT
I'm a few classes short of an API for JavaMail at the moment, so I want
to notify people :-)

I'm guessing that there will be at least one more module for the mail
APIs, probably two (API + Impl).

However, JavaMail depends on JavaActivationFramework (JAF) for its
code. So if I submit the files as a patch/JAR, it needs to find these.
I've created a DummyJAF.jar (and/or empty classes) that can be used to
allow the compile process to go ahead, but clearly these don't want to
be part of the managed source. Is it possible to set up a dependency so
that the JavaMail depends on this DummyJAF.jar file/and/or source?

Altrnatively, if we have a placeholder JAF module then this may also
work.

Lastly, the copyright/license in the top of the files needs to be one
that says 'This is part of a Sun spec; you're not allowed to change
it'. Do we have one of these lying around and/or can someone mail it to
me?

Thanks,

Alex.