geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [JavaMail] concerns
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:38:00 GMT
Danny, I took a quick look at the JavaMail licence and its pretty huge
and I"m not too hot at reading big complex licences full of legal
speak. Could we redistribute Sun's JavaMail API in binary form as part
of the Geronimo project? If so could we also put the jar in the Maven
repository to avoid painful user-intervention to get Geronimo to build?
(i.e. so that the build process of Geronimo could auto-download Sun's
JavaMail API?).

If we can do the above then I agree creating a clone of the JavaMail
API with the various required implementation code to conform to the API
might not be a good idea - we might as well just use Sun's API distro.
I guess it depends on how we're allowed to reuse Sun's API distro.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/