geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Is a mailing list the best option ?
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 06:52:50 GMT
If you'd rather a forum style interface why not read the mail list via
your news reader on NNTP via gmane.org.

http://gmane.org/

Or if you really like web interfaces there are archives available.

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/SummarizeList?listId=140

Currently all the documentation is on the Wiki...

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheJ2EE

or on the generated website (which should move soon from my home
directory)...

http://www.apache.org/~jstrachan/geronimo/

On Sunday, August 17, 2003, at 03:38  pm, Jegadisan Sankar Kumar wrote:

> This is the first open source project that I have joined, but is there
> a better mechanism compared to a mailing list? Just got back, and
> check my mail box to find over 200 e-mails. End up having to read
> replies, and not knowing what the actual questions were.
>
>   Would it be better to have a forum like environment, whereby people
> can track the topics being discussed, and contribute to the ones that
> are closest to their hearts? At the very least we can view the
> questions, and the replies.
>
>   Also, maybe I need to catch up on my reading, but I seem to notice
> coding going on, and people starting to patch the system up. Is there
> any design documentation out? Use cases, sequence diagrams ? all that
> object oriented design stuff? Would help alot for people to get a
> holistic view of what is going on in the system
>
> Regards
> Jega
>

> Greg Wilkins <gregw@mortbay.com> wrote:
>

> Paul Hammant wrote:
> > Daniel,

> >> The correct url is: http://jira.atlassian.com
> >>
> > Indeed. I'm also guilty of not ready Greg's posting too well, which
> was
> > councelling to not use an issue tracker. (Sorry Greg).
>

> I have no problem with using an issue tracker and think that we
> definitely
> should have one.
>
> I just don't think that it will help too much with the problem at hand
> now... which is getting lots of patches into a very dynamic system with
> a few task loaded committers.
>
> cheers

<image.tiff>Yahoo! Mobile
> - Send free SMS from your PC!