geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: JNDI Impl
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 10:10:45 GMT
Just a thought - Richard do you think the JNDI is gonna need much hooks
to Geronimo or will it be just a 100% vanilla JNDI.

Am wondering if (say) Henri moved the JNDI to Jakarta Commons for us so
its easy to reuse (thanks Henri!), we could then add any extra stuff we
need inside Geronimo for now and if it turns out that some reusable
code can be pushed back into Commons we can do that too.

On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 08:04  am, Henri Yandell wrote:

> Additional:
>
> Am also a Commons committer, so can handle things like setting the
> project
> up and website etc.
>
> I believe the person to speak to about the Tomcat JNDI is Costin
> Manolache. No idea if he's hooked into the Geronimo feed yet.
>
> Hen
>
> On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Henri Yandell wrote:
>

>> I'm happy to help with the JNDI if required. Moving Tomcat's JNDI
>> impl to
>> Commons has been a 'how the hell do I approach that' task on my list
>> for a
>> while.
>>
>> I've also got a peculiar JNDI implementation
>> [http://www.osjava.org/simple-jndi] so might have some odd ideas to
>> throw
>> in.
>>
>> Hen
>>
>> On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Richard Monson-Haefel wrote:
>>
>>> I created a JNDI implementation for the Environment Naming Context in
>>> OpenEJB that was simple and fast.  I think David Blevin's may have
>>> modified it so that it plays nice with servlets in Tomcat or with
>>> Tomcat's JNDI implementation. At any rate, I would be happy to
>>> recreate
>>> a similar implementation for Geronimo.  Should I plan on doing this?
>>> Anyone object?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Richard Monson-Haefel
>>> Author of J2EE Web Services (Addison-Wesley 2003)
>>> Author of Enterprise JavaBeans, 3rd Edition  (O'Reilly 2001)
>>> Co-Author of Java Message Service (O'Reilly 2000)
>>> http://www.Monson-Haefel.com

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/