geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Re: [LEGAL] maven.xml and project.xml don't have licenses
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 10:22:44 GMT
On Saturday, Aug 16, 2003, at 10:43 Europe/London, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Do they need licenses?
>
> If the ASL had a terse license for file headers I would be much
> happier about adding it to everything.
>
> James mentioned to me that there was some consideration to do this,
> but has not moved very far.  Does anyone know?

I think it makes sense for each file to have a license or licence
pointer. Otherwise, how do I know that I have the rights to use the
'project.xml' file for anything, or even modify it?

At least if the file had a short header, such as 'Apache Software
License (for full details see LICENSE.txt)' then this could be put in
place on everything.

Alex.