geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Re: Maven generated site
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:38:17 GMT
On Wednesday, Aug 27, 2003, at 11:13 Europe/London, James Strachan
wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, at 09:32  am, Jason Dillon wrote:
>
>> Have you tried cvs import?
>
> Good idea :)
> But what would happen the next time I generate the website? Does cvs
> import automatically delete any old stuff, replace any updated files &
> add any new folders etc?

You could always do a 'cvs delete' on the main folder prior to
uploading it to get rid of it all, then upload it. IIRC one of the
reasons why the cvs update is slow is because it generates a whole
bunch of diffs against anything that's there; if there's nothing there,
then an update/import probably doesn't have much difference.

You may find that an import causes problems with the revision, since
import uses (by default) a revision of 1.1.1.1 for files, and if an
existing file is there with a greater revision then I suspect it would
barf.

Alex.