geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: FAQ Hibernate and JDO
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 22:57:50 GMT

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 11:53  pm, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:

> The Geronimo plugin for Hibernate as Henri said seems to be a good
> idea :
> - Hibernate is a great tool (just my opinion ;-))
> - Integrating 2 different persistence layer greatly help to stay
> solution agnostic.
>
> Using Maven dependency allow the project to be Apache policy compliant
> (no hosting)

Just be aware that no Apache code can import any Hibernate classes
while its licenced as LGPL. So long as Hibernate (or some other
project) implements the binding to Geronimo outside of Apache thats
cool.

Though the binary distribution of Geronimo can't include Hibernate. But
developers can always add that themselves manually or via a Maven build.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/