geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: FW: Use of "Geronimo" as a project name
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:40:29 GMT

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 03:14 AM, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>
>> I'm of Icelandic heritage, and would be more than happy to see
>> anything
>> named after a Viking.
>
> Make sure you do a s/Feather/Bloody Axe/g - as the latter may be more
> appropriate for the flamefest bound to follow such remarks.
>
> :-)

Ok. True.  The Vikings probably weren't terribly popular, anywhere.
You probably didn't hear "Oh, good!  The Vikings are coming...." very
often.  Maybe that's what it was - they just felt neglected and
unwanted, and were acting out...

Seriously, though, my point was well-intended.

geir

Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-434-2093(m)
geirm@adeptra.com                                   203-247-1713(m)