geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Raveendranath, Rohith (LNG - AUS)" <Rohith.Raveendran...@LexisNexis.com.au>
Subject RE: Introduction and question re: JavaMail
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 07:24:36 GMT
Hi all,

Are we gonna provide any sort of workflow engine with the server.

Rohith

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Blewitt [mailto:Alex.Blewitt@ioshq.com]
Sent: Monday, 25 August 2003 5:21 PM
To: geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Introduction and question re: JavaMail

Good call. I suggest working with the o.a.g.mail.SMTPTransport class,
though I think it is also desirable to have an AbstractTransport
abstract superclass that you can descend from. If there's any common
functionality that occurs, it can go in the AbstractTransport, which
will make it easier to write other transports later.

I think that the code should live in the \modules\javamail\src\java,
rather than \specs\javamail\src\java, because it's an Apache
implementation.

Note that ATM the MimeMessage class doesn't work in its entirety, so it
might be an idea to write a dummy class for testing initially.

Alex.

On Sunday, Aug 24, 2003, at 15:13 Europe/London, Simon Brooke wrote:

> On Friday 22 Aug 2003 12:54 pm, Alex Blewitt wrote:
>
>> There are other (larger) areas that need implementation as well; for
>> example, we don't have an SMTPTransport (or NNTPTransport), or the
>> IMAPStore or POP3Store yet. Both of these could be done separately
>> from
>> the API being completed (though you'd probably have to test with dummy
>> messages to start with).
>
> I'm starting work on SMTPTransport. I assume I can reimplement as much
> as I
> need of com.sun.mail, Should this class be
> org.apache.geronimo.mail.SMTPTransport, or is there some existing
> package
> structure I should adhere to?
>
> Cheers
>
> Simon
>
> --
> simon@jasmine.org.uk (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
>
> 	...but have you *seen* the size of the world wide spider?

This e-mail is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only.  If you have
delete it.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose
or distribute this e-mail without the author's permission.  We have taken
precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we
advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this e-mail.
We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.