geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <davidjen...@snappydsl.net>
Subject Re: JDBC
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 05:00:16 GMT

On Friday, August 15, 2003, at 05:23 PM, Maas van den Berg wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just wanted to let you know that I've continued my braindead activities
> and just finished typing in the JCA apis. Don't know if we need them
> but
> they are here. I'll write some unittests and post the
> stuff in a bit.

We do need them and many thanks.  I'm starting to think about writing a
set of ConnectionManagers based on an interceptor stack, hopefully this
will provide a cleaner and easier to understand implementation than
what I wrote for JBoss.

> Maas
>
> On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 23:34, Aaron Mulder wrote:
>> 	What's the advantage to supporting JDBC through JCA?  Is it that
>> JCA requires logic to deal with associating with transactions and
>> security, and if JDBC works through that we don't have to implement
>> the
>> same features twice?  Or are there other considerations?

AFAIK it is to only implement the features once.

thanks
david jencks