geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [i18n] Hardcoded message strings
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:34:14 GMT
Again we have the cart way ahead of the horse...

We need to draw a line.  What are we gong to make i18 and what are we
going to leave in english.  When are we going to add i18?

I suggest we come up with a way for us to add i18 later without any
pain now (see my previous message).  Further, I suggest we make the
rule that only user displayable messages and log messages > info
support i18, but now Exceptions, debug, or trace.

We have a huge project in front of us and we should do everything to
make this a fast and enjoyable experience, and I find that editing
messages bundles and working with message formatter to be neither.  I
think we should take a long breath and think about a way to make it
easy add this later.

-dain

  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner