geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [Testing] Testing
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:01:21 GMT
On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 04:25 AM, Alex Blewitt wrote:

>> @spec
>>     name="J2EE"
>>     version="1.4"
>>     chapter-name="Transaction Management"
>>     section-name="Transactional JDBC Technology Support"
>>     section-number="4.2.7"
>>     page-number="64"
>
> I think you'll end up with a situation where a spec-test developer
> will just put in the section-number, since that's essentially what
> highlights it. Also, if the section is prefixed with a document name
> (J2EE_1.4-4.2.7) then you can pretty much get rid of everything else.
>  :
> J2EE_1.4-4.2.7=J2EE 1.4: Transaction Management (Transactional JDBC
> Technology Support)

Further, if a test verifies something from several sections we could
just have the following:

@spec reference="J2EE-1.4pfd3-4.2.7p52"
@spec reference="J2EE-1.4pfd3-4.2.8p54"

In the XDoclet generator we parse the id as follows:

id ::= specification_name '-' version_number '-' section ['p'
page_number]

We could also support simple group-names. For example,

@spec requirement="Transaction Exception Handling"

In our xml message (property bundle?) we can add requirements that span
several specifications, and we can also do things like mark the
optional requirements as such.

-dain

  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner