geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Re: [General] Exit criteria
Date Sat, 30 Aug 2003 22:51:31 GMT
On Saturday, Aug 30, 2003, at 16:21 Europe/London, Jason Dillon wrote:

> STATUS file in CVS is apparently required by the Apache process.
>
> Must make sure these stay in sync.

I have a query as to what the STATUS file is supposed to represent. Is
it supposed to be a 'this project is in position X', or is it supposed
to be tightly linked with defining the exit criteria in the incubator?

I think it would be a good idea to collectively decide upon the exit
criteria on the Wiki, then once a general consensus is formed migrate
it from the Wiki into the CVS server for persistent storage (and
tracking where we are in the project), including the transition
criteria from incubator onwards.

I also think that it is highly desirable to have a release
plan/schedule (in terms of features, rather than time) so that everyone
working has an idea of where it is going. We could then have status
reports to find out how far we're moving forwards, which would probably
be of interest to others who are interested on how Geronimo is
progressing, but without being involved in each of the different areas.

Alex.