geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Cabrera, Alan" <Alan.Cabr...@reuters.com>
Subject RE: Standard @version tags
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:38:59 GMT

>From: Bruce Snyder [mailto:ferret@frii.com]
>
>This one time, at band camp, Cabrera, Alan said:
>
>CA>1+
>CA>
>CA>Given the evaluation criteria of, if all other things are equal,
>CA>making the code easier to read and comprehend should be a priority, I
>CA>think that this is a good idea.
>CA>
>CA>
>CA>Alan

To my mind, there is a significant difference between an @author tag and an
$Id$ tag.  I agree w/ the reasoning for not including the former.  I do not
think that this implies that we should toss out the latter.  The semantics
of these tags is significantly different.

Alan

information and to register, visit <http://www.reuters.com/messaging>

Any views expressed in this message are those of  the  individual sender,
except  where  the sender specifically states them to be the views of The
Reuters Group.