geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [maven] eclipse target is broken?
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:54:34 GMT
On Friday, August 15, 2003, at 07:59  am, Greg Wilkins wrote:
> Something has broken the eclipse target, so that it no longer
> finds the src directories, external libraries or anything.

Basically whats changed is that we've gone from a flat 1 project build
system to a modular (multi-maven-project) build system. More below...

> No idea what the problem is as these things are a mystery to me?!?!?!?!

I figured this would be a common FAQ so added it straight to the wiki...

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheJ2EE/FAQ-Developers

> Back to good old emacs I guess - it never has trouble find the
> source code.

You can use eclipse in navigator mode where it doesn't care where the
source code is etc. i.e. us eclipse as a straight editor. Though it
works much better if eclipse knows the jars & source paths etc.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/