geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian Jackson" <adr...@dynamicweb.co.uk>
Subject RE: [General] Container interface and AbstractContainer
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:27:12 GMT
From: Alex Blewitt [mailto:Alex.Blewitt@ioshq.com]
> Can you use ListIterator to go from the end? I know it allows you to
go
> backwards/forwards, but can you go to the end directly? Or do you have

> to scan through to the end, then work backwards?

You can work from the end if you *start* at the end (by passing an
appropriate argument to the listIterator() method of your list) but once
you've got the iterator you're limited to working backwards and
forwards. If we want complete flexibility of how to navigate the
collection of components, then returning a List rather than a
ListIterator might be the only option.

Adrian