geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian Jackson" <adr...@dynamicweb.co.uk>
Subject RE: [Error handling] NullPointer or IllegalArgument?
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:31:59 GMT
quoth Berin Loritsch <mailto:bloritsch@apache.org>:
> Adrian Jackson wrote:
>
>> And I'd also add my +1 to the idea that we should never have have a
>> catch block for type Exception, except with very good reason.

> Heh, I've seen examples of catching Throwable--which IMO is far worse!

Absolutely - I've even seen it in commercial application servers before
now. Let's make sure we don't go down that route: guidelines should
probably point out that anyone using catch (Throwable t) without an
*extremely* good reason will be hunted down and killed. For their own
good, of course.

Adrian