geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Re: [JNDI] [Config] Configuration: flat file or registry?
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:30:43 GMT
You might like to put some of these views on the Wiki pages -- go to
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheJ2EE/Configuration
for more thoughts.

Note that the Registry as a backend may use a naming service like JNDI,
probably on top of LDAP. So the backend mechanism doesn't have to be a
DB specifically, though that may be supported by the LDAP system.
Either way, it could use a DB that you provide, have its own storage
format, or just use a flat file.

If you could add your points to the above Wiki page (or the pros/cons
of the ConfAsFlatFile/Registry pages) then that would be good.

Alex.