geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [persistence] Some thoughts regarding CMP and JDO
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 03:50:32 GMT
Most persistence engines are designed as a single unit. I personally
would like to open up the internals so other programmers with new ideas
can come along and rewrite a single plugin without having to take on
the entire system.  Also the plugins are useful as standalone services.
  For example a the design includes a cluster aware distributed cache,
which will be useful to may other parts of the system.  The real trick
it to keep the system decoupled so components can be easily swapped,
while keeping it easy to configure and use.

For other persistence frameworks, I think we will be able to share and
swap implementations of plugins or at least design ideas.

-dain

  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner
  * Core Developers Network