geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Kington, Max" <mking...@espeed.co.uk>
Subject [GENERAL] [JMS] OpenJMS and EJB MDBs
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 14:17:51 GMT
With regards to pluggable persistance, I was proposing a
pluggable persistance backend to any potneital JNDI system
that's implemented, perhaps a universal persistance framework
could be used for many different things. Do people think that
implementing this would be useful to other components?  More
specifically, which other parts do you think would find this
useful?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Turilin [mailto:mtwork@hotbox.ru]
Sent: 08 August 2003 15:15
To: edcurry@eircom.net
Subject: Re[2]: OpenJMS and EJB MDBs

> A)  Use/Fork OpenJMS ?
> C)  Implement a new JMS provider using services from Geronimo
> (persistence, trans, etc) ?

As I read at OpenJMS site they plan to switch the persistance
mechanism from JDBM (???) to generic JDBC. Maybe this switch could be
done at the same time with Geronimo refactorings and Geronimo
persistance architecture could be used if it will be available at this
time?

What is the position of OpenJMS core developers about interoperability
with Geromino and possible code bases merge? Is it possible to move
OpenJMS to Apache?

Is OpenJMS widely used as standalone product?