geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Project Goals
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 22:56:57 GMT
Ok, now that the momentum has picked up a little, I'd like to start
to get consensus on some project goals, so we can all figure out
what we'd like to contribute and get involved in. I, for on, am not
familiar with J2EE much at all, but am interested in learning and
contributing where I can, not to mention I'm on the incubator PMC
and would like to help guide this project in the right direction.

- For starters, what do we all feel are the major goals of this project?

- Are there any TODO items that may or may not have been mentioned,
   but that we should keep track of?

- Does everyone understand the ground rules of Apache (voting, PMC,
   membership, commit access, other conventions, etc)? Is there anything
   we can do to help clarify any positions?

This is probably enough to start a healthy discussion. I'll try and
take the
results and build a STATUS file that we can all contribute to. Once we
get a healthy STATUS document, I feel we should make an attempt at
architecture.

-aaron