geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: DownloadTest Failure when working offline/ behind firewall
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:52:47 GMT

On Thursday, August 28, 2003, at 04:12  pm, Kristian Koehler wrote:

> Hi
>
> we have a problem when running the tests for the core module.
> The org.apache.geronimo.deployment.repository.DownloadTest fails when
> being executed offline or from behind a firewall. Since the VM can't
> establish a connection to the remote URL
> (http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/) the test fails causing the complete
> build to fail as well. Which means that currently only compilation and
> testing is run. Building a distribution requires local hacking (which
> is a bit annoying).

This sounds like standard Maven stuff.

Firstly you can use maven in offline mode (via the -o option or putting
maven.mode.online=false in your build.properties (home dir or project
dir).

Also you can use Maven behind firewalls by setting the HTTP proxy
settings (again in your build.properties file). All this is documented
on the maven site...

http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html#Using%20Proxies

I'd highly recommend a surf around the Maven website - its packaged
with useful information.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/