geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [JSR77] Workplan proposal
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:01:20 GMT
> Should the model classes also live under the spec module?

If they are part of the spec as it comes from the JCP then yes.  I
think that generally means they are javax.* sources.  Basically we want
to provide the interfaces which come from sun under the ASL, that does
not mean we have to provide all of the functionality that comes with
the versions from sun.  For example the JMX spec comes with a JMX impl
and some other cruft which we would not want in the spec module, but in
a more appropriate place.

> Gianny has proposed  org.apache.geronimo.j2eemanagement
> as the package.   But would prefer org.apache.management.j2ee
> or org.apache.geronimo.management.j2ee   to match better
> with javax.management.j2ee

I would not use j2eemanagement... and I think we need to have
org.apache.geronimo in there for now.

> Jason - do you want to move StateManageable to the spec package
> as well?

Um, what is that?

BTW, do not use the spec module for now... I am still working on
unmucking my mess ;-)  Sorry for the CVS noise.

--jason