geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Duty" <jd...@jonandkerry.com>
Subject RE: J2EE DeploymentManager ( was J2EE deployment verifier)
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 17:54:59 GMT
If you look at the sequence diagrams in the JSR 88 specs, you will see
where the separation is between the tool provider (an ant interface, or
web(, the platform provider (Deployment Manager) , and the Deployer
(MBeans and stuff on J2EE server).

I think we should concentrate on implementing the Platform Provider.
Once we have that started the others can start to be implemented.

What do you all think?
~Jonathan

Jonathan Duty
Software Developer - eWashtenaw

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Opacki [mailto:chris_opacki@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 1:48 PM
To: geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: J2EE DeploymentManager ( was J2EE deployment verifier)

I will check on the license issue. I might have to
wait until later on tonight though. If anyone has time
to do it now...go for it.

It seems that the deployment spec actually has divided
some of API between Tool Provider and J2EE Product
Provider. I don't think it means "The Deploy Tool",
but the interface between the tool and the server. The
confusion in that spec is definitely where the tool
provder part of the API resides. I guess it all
depends on how we plan on communicating.

--- Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu>