geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Duty" <jd...@jonandkerry.com>
Subject RE: J2EE deployment verifier
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:02:15 GMT
I would say we start out by designing an API that gerinomo can use to
verify deployments.  Then we can build a stand alone application around
that (basically put in a main function etc).

I know a few people were talking about building a GUI interface to
Gerinomo for deployment/monitoring.  That may be a good place to start
asking how they would like to integrate.

~Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Srihari S [mailto:sriharis@blr.pin.philips.com]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 9:05 AM
To: geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org; weston_p@yahoo.com
Subject: RE: J2EE deployment verifier

never mind ur choice of words....if we end up using the rule engine
concept
it will because of u:)
So at a very hi level we can look at the verifier as

	Input 	Process 				Output

	JAR		Verify the correctness 		OK/NOK with
error log
	WAR		by parsing the DD
	EAR		and applying correctness
	RAR		rules

While it is true that the verifier can be a standalone app and we must
design its internals in this spirit
it may also be worthwhile to decide early on how it will get into the
geronimo frwk