geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Harman, Jeff" <JHar...@WebsterBank.com>
Subject RE: Volunteers - Topics AND Clustering
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:32:10 GMT
I would like to work on Clustering and possibly JMS services that run in a cluster.

To wit:
The J2EE 1.4 spec does not specifically address clustering but, I believe that it is an essential
service to have in order to gain acceptance as a J2EE container.

We could follow JBoss's lead and use something like JavaGroups to help maintain state or we
could layer it on top of other mechanisms like JMS and allow JMS to manage intra-process communications.
 Of course this would require that the JMS mechanisms be distributed (unlike JBoss).

IMHO, I believe that JMS should act as a client of the cluster and not the other way around.

Thanks,
-Jeff Harman