geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Re: [JSR77] Workplan proposal
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:06:12 GMT

On Friday, Aug 15, 2003, at 01:50 Europe/London, Greg Wilkins wrote:

> JSR77 is a bit strange.
>
> It specifies object models, but without saying that they are actual
> classes and definitely not saying what package they are in.

I think it just defines object models, doesn't it?

> Thus I think we should put the classes that implement the JSR77 object
> models into the spec module.  But pick our own suitable package
> name for them.  I think org.apache.management.j2ee is what we
> should use.

Is JSR77 actually only J2EE? I thought it could be used outside of J2EE
(say, for example, in avalon or other type frameworks).

Might be better to remove the 'j2ee' -- why not use 'jsr77' since
that's what it's known as on this list, and possibly others as well?

Alex.