geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo standard Sun-API jars
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 07:45:49 GMT

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 10:55 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> JBoss, like Tomcat, has its own version (typed in from the doc
> apparently).
> I believe Sun's binaries are actually redistributable if you meet
> certain
> terms (but you should have a lawyer read the license).
>
> The initial commit (later tonight I hope) contains copies of javax.ejb
> and
> javax.transaction Dain Sundstrom typed in.
>
> Given that these have use for many other projects, it might be a good
> idea
> to create a separate subproject, for example in jakarta-commons or
> commons
> itself, just to hold free versions of these interface classes rather
> than
> duplicating them everywhere.

There's no reason why we couldn't just create them here, and ensure
that people can just grab them independently.  One thing I'd like to
see this project do is offer the pieces separately as useful,
standalone components where that makes sense.

geir

> --
> Jeremy

Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-434-2093(m)
geirm@adeptra.com                                   203-247-1713(m)