geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Re: [bcel] Is anyone a BCEL expert?
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2003 08:03:44 GMT
On Friday, Aug 22, 2003, at 23:32 Europe/London, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Friday, August 22, 2003, at 04:39 PM, Alex Blewitt wrote:
>
>> On Friday, Aug 22, 2003, at 16:11 Europe/London, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>>
>>> Interface proxy generator -- This is a copy of
>>> java.reflection.Proxy.  Why do we need a copy?  Well I think it is a
>>> good starting point for the rest of the stuff, and I know we can do
>>> it better.  I would like the proxy generator to be able to generate
>>> class names that have some meaning other then Proxy$24, and I think
>>> we can write code that this faster.
>>
>> Additionally, Proxy only handles interfaces; we need to be able to
>> handle interfaces, abstract classes (and possibly concrete classes as
>> well).
>
> You need to read all the way to the bottom before you post.  I believe
> this was number 3 on my project list.

I was adding this to the list of reasons why we could not use
java.reflection.Proxy. Yes, you mentioned that you needed to generate
abstract classes, but those unfamiliar with the java.reflection.Proxy
class may not know that it can only handle interfaces.

Just reconfirming what you said we'd need but emphasising why Proxy
won't do.

Alex.