geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Remijan <remi...@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: [ Timer Service ] Cron-like configuration
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:09:01 GMT
Does anyone know of a good java cron class?<br><br>
At 09:01 AM 8/15/2003 -0400, you wrote:<br>
wrote:<br><br>
service API is far too limited.&nbsp; I wrote<br>
an article that discussed the use of cron like configuration ... I
would<br>
like to know if we can offer this sort of thing as a non-standard option
- I<br>
have a feeling if we do it, the next EJB JSR will adopt it.<br>
Here is a link to the article I wrote:<br>
In avalon-components we have a scheduler service available.&nbsp; It can
be adapted<br>
for use in this project.&nbsp; IMO it would be better to adopt and
enhance an<br>
existing project than to start it up from scratch.<br><br>
-- <br><br>
&quot;They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety<br>
&nbsp;deserve neither liberty nor safety.&quot;<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
- Benjamin Franklin<br>