geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Remijan <remi...@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: User Friendliness
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 15:48:04 GMT
I agree that this is an important feature that usually gets put on the back
burner.  It is
especially important for application configuration files because the
documentation
on those files is usually weak and it's very difficult to find out what can
go in a config file.

I think using the java.beans.XMLEncoder would be a great way to create the
configuration
files.  It would be very easy for an administration application and the
j2ee server to stay in synch.  Plus, ALL configuration options can be
easily documented using Javadocs.

Mike