geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Suggested coding convention: sort methods
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:54:42 GMT
Agreed - your IDEA can sort the methods quite easily in n outline view
without requiring this coding style.

FWIW the order I prefer is

static variables
instance variables

static methods
constructors

public methods
protected methods
private methods

(along with static stuff first)
then looking at the top of the file you see the instance variables, how
to make it, then what you can do with it in order as you scroll.

However its gonna be hard to reach consensus on this + IDEs can create
these kinds of views for you anyways.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/