geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [BCEL] and Javassist
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 22:30:58 GMT
Except Java Assist is LGPL and controlled by Marc Fleury, who
definitely does not want to see this project succeed.

To be honest, I just want a simple solution to the problem, but it
needs to be fast otherwise we can just use reflection.  If there is
some (free) tool out there that we can use that does this in 4 line of
code that would be cool, but I really, really, really don't want to get
into a huge AOP discussion right now.  We have a fairly small set of
places we need to generate byte code, and we especially don't need to
be side tracked into an exploration into AOP frameworks.

-dain

  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner
  * Core Developers Network