geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject [common] code review
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 00:08:34 GMT
[These are just my personal comments, and notes gathered while reading
the code]

The nested exception classes should be removed.  Exception nesting is
handled quite well by the Java 1.4 platform classes.

We don't need an UnreachableStatementException anymore.  Instead you
should throw an AssertionError (this is noted in the assertion
facilitates documentation).

I'm not sure why we need the platform.Java class at all right now, as
we only support 1.4, and our stuff won't even run on an earlier
version.  If we do keep it, it should use a type safe enumeration.  I
am happy to make this change.

-dain

  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner