geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <davidjen...@snappydsl.net>
Subject Re: [jms][patch] Integrating OpenJMS
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 05:05:36 GMT

On Friday, August 15, 2003, at 05:30 PM, brent@worden.org wrote:

> If no one has started and no one objects, I was planning to begin
> integrating OpenJMS into Geronimo.
>
> My plan of attack was going to include:
>
> 1) Adding the JMS specification source files to specs/j2ee.  This is
> done as I've completed adding the ASF license to the JMS 1.1 source
> files and included an archive of the modified files.
>
> 2) Creating a generic JMS provider SPI and adding it to the core
> module.  The interface would include the MBeans to manage the JMS
> components, the means to bind administered objects to the naming
> context, provided the JMS stats as per JSR77, etc.
>
> 3) Creating a OpenJMS implementation for the JMS SPI.
>
> If anyone has any thoughts, concerns, or guidance, feel free to share.

I strongly recommend that you proceed by turning OpenJMS into a jca 1.5
adapter.  This is really not too hard to do: JBoss 4 now has a fairly
generic jca 1.5 jms adapter.

Managing the jms components and binding administered objects  should
IMO be part of the jca 1.5 deployment mechanism.

thanks
david jencks