geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Re: Suggested coding convention: sort methods
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:01:35 GMT
On Wednesday, Aug 13, 2003, at 13:54 Europe/London, James Strachan
wrote:

> Agreed - your IDEA can sort the methods quite easily in outline view
> without requiring this coding style.
>
> FWIW the order I prefer is ...
>
> However its gonna be hard to reach consensus on this + IDEs can create
> these kinds of views for you anyways.

True, they can do. However, it'd be nice if code that gets checked in
is at least in a common style (whether we can agree on one is a
different matter :-)

Is there going to be any pretty-formatting of the code as it gets
checked into CVS? I'm pretty sure that I may accidentally send some
patches with tabs in, for example, though I'll try to ensure it doesn't
happen. But it would be good if the CVS-checkin could do some of the
applying common indentation/pretty printing so that there's a common
coding style throughout.

Alex.