geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Coding standards: import thing.* or thing.Class?
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:31:00 GMT
> Its one key press in a decent IDE - grouped by package & sorted
> alphabetically :)

I will have to give a decent IDE a chance again.  I was using Eclipse a
while ago, and was mostly pleased, except that it kept crashing on my
powerbook from time to time, which was really pissing me off.  I played
with IntelliJ for a while too, but they did not have a release of there
latest baby for OS X, so I had to play with the old version.

Also, I tend to edit more than just .java stuff, like .php, .sh and I
did not really find those ide's to helpful in that respect.

Unfortunatly my crappy ISP in Thailand will never let me download
something as big as Eclipse with out disconnecting me, so I think I may
be stuck with JEdit for now.

--jason