geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Griffiths <be...@mac.com>
Subject Re: DownloadTest Failure when working offline/ behind firewall
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 08:53:24 GMT
> Should probably setup a test HTTPD-ish process for the test to work
> from.  Is there a lightweight component we could start up by the test
> so that we have more control over how this works?
>
> --jason

First post - though I've followed this strangely heated debate from the
start. Apologies if I miss the mark...

It looks to me that in including a remote http download in the unit
test, we're effectively just testing the HttpURLConnection class (which
we can probably assume is working).

Does the test really lose anything by not connecting to a real or mock
http server?

A better way to test might be to add our own URL protocol
"geronimo-test://", for example. I guess ideally we'd like to pass in a
mockURL class, but java.net.URL is designated final.

Ben