geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [core] why org.apache.geronimo.enterprise.deploy.provider package?
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 02:53:01 GMT
On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 07:28 PM, Alex.Blewitt@ioshq.com wrote:

>> Why do we have a org.apache.geronimo.enterprise.deploy.provider
>> package?  Geronimo is an enterprise server, so this is redundant.  I
>> suggest we move provider inside of org.apache.geronimo.deployment.  I
>> am willing to make these changes if no one objects.
>>
>> -dain
>
> I recall there were discussions regarding whether 'deploy' meant the
> deployment verifier, or the actual deployment process. I think this
> name
> came up as a result of those discussions to avoid such clashes.

I remember it being discussed, but it was during the deluge.

It should go into deployment, because our deployment system will fully
support 88.  We are building a J2EE app server, so there is not reason
why our deployment system should not support 88.  If there are clashes,
we did something wrong.

-dain