geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel S. Haischt" ...@daniel.stefan.haischt.name>
Subject Re: CR/LF cleansing
Date Sun, 31 Aug 2003 12:18:47 GMT
Jim Wright wrote:

[...]

> Sounds like we need a line in CVSROOT/commitinfo.

really? the CRLF (M$ Windows) vs. LF (UNIX) isn't
that chalenging (at least for professional developers).

see Bill de hÓra's blog entry [1] or a CVS discussion on
livejournal.com [2]. my bet is that some of you are using
cygwin and during install they checked the 'UNIX text file
type' option instead of the 'DOS text file type' option,
which causes cygwin to mount your drives in binmode instead
of textmode.

so the possible solutions would be ...

  a) mount your drives in textmode
  b) get a _real_ UNIX/Linux system
  c) use WinCVS instead of the cygwin comand line
     cvs binary.

regards

daniel s. haischt
--