geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Koehler <Kristian.Koeh...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: DownloadTest Failure when working offline/ behind firewall
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:14:26 GMT
Hi all

to clear things up a little it wasn't our intenion when starting this
thread to turn the current build process upside down. We just felt that
it wasn't very nice that the complete build fails when working offline.

You wrote that you don't see a need to change the build process. We
wholeheartedly agree it's a single test that is "misbehaving" not the
build process. But locally changing the build process as suggested
repeatedly isn't the right way neither AFAIC.

Back to the test in question:
We strongly feel that there are two possible solutions:

1. Start a lightweight server locally
2. Modify the test not to use HTTP Connection (as Ben also suggested)

Both of these solutions leave the build process alone and enable people
to work offline to leave their build process alone as well.

We submit a patch for either of the solutions if desired ;-)
(we just would like to know if it's worthwhile coding it)

Steffen and Kristian