geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Koehler <Kristian.Koeh...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: DownloadTest Failure when working offline/ behind firewall
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 06:22:29 GMT
Hi James

actually we had a look at the maven website before posting.
What we made of it was that using maven in offline mode only affects the
synchronization of the local jar repository with the remote one (the
test still fails in offline mode for that matter).

As far as the proxy is concerned our main issue still is building offline.

So why not fix the test to make it work independent of
online/offline/proxy settings? We think it's possible as mentioned in
our original posting. Besides we think it's a good think to reduce
dependencies to external ressources for a regular
compile-test-package-build.

IMHO the way it works right now might even scare people off.

Steffen and Kristian