geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Koehler <>
Subject DownloadTest Failure when working offline/ behind firewall
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:12:50 GMT

we have a problem when running the tests for the core module.
The org.apache.geronimo.deployment.repository.DownloadTest fails when
being executed offline or from behind a firewall. Since the VM can't
establish a connection to the remote URL (
the test fails causing the complete build to fail as well. Which means
that currently only compilation and testing is run. Building a
distribution requires local hacking (which is a bit annoying).

Or are we missing some local configuration, especially for working offline?

If not, we could image the following solutions and would provide them if

1.  Check  if a Connection to the remote host can be establihed. If not
skip the testRemoteCopy() Test.

2. Start a tiny web server (like JWebUnit IIRC) on the local machine and
download the file from there.

3. Is the remote HTTP test actually necessary?

    Steffen and Kristian

View raw message