geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel S. Haischt" ...@daniel.stefan.haischt.name>
Subject Re: ObjectWeb (was Re: ASM looks cool but LGPL)
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:36:51 GMT
hello,

is it up to a particular ObjectWeb software project team to
decide whether they want to re-release their software under
a new or dual license or will the ObjectWeb group work on
a strategy on how it would be possible to 'enabling its (ASF's)
projects to use some OW code'?

i for instance am interested in the JORAM JMS server [1] because
that project implements the JMS v1.1 API and because it now ships
with that nifty kJORAM J2ME library which enables people not to rely
on the commercial iBuss//Mobile software [2].

just out of curiosity - why was the JORAM project moved from
a CPL license to LGPL?

regards

daniel s. haischt