geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Mesnil <Jean-Frederic.Mes...@inrialpes.fr>
Subject ObjectWeb (was Re: ASM looks cool but LGPL)
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:22:28 GMT
(given the subject, I crosspost to ObjectWeb architecture mailing list)

Daniel S. Haischt wrote:
> James Strachan wrote:
>>

>> Just to be clear - we cannot touch any LGPL code at Apache so that
>> rules out ASM for now.
>

> yes, that was my distinct understanding!
>
> i just wanted to explain that i do not think that the
> ObjectWeb group will release ASM under a BSD kinda
> license.

There have been some talks within ObjectWeb community to see
how we (the OW community) can collaborate more with Apache and Geronimo.

License is one of the main issues what we have to solve but I do believe
that we can find a good solution for both Apache and ObjectWeb.
After all, lots of OW projects already use some Apache code.
Why not thank Apache back by enabling its projects to use some OW code?

ObjectWeb and Apache have some complementary projects and I personally
think that both community can benefit from better cooperation.
ASM would be a good start.

So the licensing issue is open but OW community is carefully
considering it.

jeff

--
Jeff Mesnil	INRIA - ObjectWeb Consortium
JOTM project leader
email: jmesnil at inrialpes.fr
homepage: http://sardes.inrialpes.fr/people/jmesnil/perso.html