geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: [JNDI] Check-in of simple impl
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 11:51:14 GMT

Dispatch can go between contexts (and breaks every second servlet feature in
the spec).

Jetty already switches Sessions & classloaders as a request crosses
context boundaries - but not in a very extensible way.  Although a simple
handler (valve) could be added to do it.

Servlets can start threads, but the spec does not say if they inherit any
of the context.  But if inheritable can be done at little cost, then that
would be good.

cheers