geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: [JNDI] Check-in of simple impl
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 23:17:29 GMT

For the web container, it is pretty simple to setup a threadlocal
on the way into a web application context.   However it is more tricky
if a servlet from one context dispatches to another context - as there
may not be suitable cut points to put in geronimo specific handling.

We can either changed the web containers to put in such cut points.
Or alternately, if your thread local contains a factory, then we could
put a webcontainer classloader aware factory there to select the
actual initial context.  That would allow different parts geronimo to
use different mechanisms for finding an initial context.

cheers