geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: [deployment][jsr77] Dependency code in AbstractStateManageable.
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:29:02 GMT

Sean,

firstly let's not escalate this into a "flame war" status just yet.  People
can have different views of a problem and it's solution and express
them rather strongly without it being a war.

I believe that we should be using 77 to manage the application and the
container.  It makes little sense to me to have different lifecycles etc.
But the point at hand is a little bit below 77 at the moment - it is how
we organize our fundamental components... which just so happen to use 77
APIs so that they can be 77 manageable once they are created.

cheers