geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Project Naming -Apache Geronimo
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:05:28 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Adrian Field wrote:
>

>> cultural sensitivity (I think a couple of posts are on the right
>> track with
>> contacting Native American organisations to see what their thoughts
>> are on
>> this instead of being subjective),
>> negative association- suicide in some cultures through history has been
>> honourable.
>>

> More specifically the rite of hatakili (sp?) that Samarai were allowed to
> perform so that they could die honorably.

HaraKiri - lit. Cut-Stomach

> The nature of Geronimo's death
> is more consistent with this mindset.

???

http://www.tombtown.com/html/index2.htm?http%3A//www.tombtown.com/bios/geronimo.htm

"*During the winter of 1909, the 85 year old Geronimo fell off of his
horse and remained in a ditch until the next day. He caught pneumonia
and died a few days later on February 17, 1909."

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=geronimo+pneumonia&btnG=Google+Search

*

--
 * Jules Gosnell